Since I’ve been back in work and with it being a new year I’ve been trying to get healthy and exercise again. The savoury healthy eating is going great but we’ve had a lot of snow recently and it’s left me craving something sweet with a cuppa! My friend introduced me to some great sites which have amazing healthy alternative recipes! I gave the chickpea one a go and tweaked the recipe slightly with what I had in store! You’ll need;
. Can of chickpeas
.1/2 cup of cocoa powder
. Tea spoon of baking powder
. 3 eggs
. Dash of coconut milk
. Sweetener (I used trivia)
. Mashed banana
. 4 squares of dark chocolate
Optional extras: seeds, nuts, flaxseed, peanut butter, dates, nutella (endless options)
For the icing-
. Natural yoghurt
. Icing sugar
– pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
– pour a can of chickpeas into a blender
– add the eggs, cocoa powder, milk, baking powder, mashed banana, dates and sweetener. Whiz up by pulsing first then blending till smooth.
– melt the choc and add to the mixture
– I then added a bag of mixed nuts and some flax seed and blend together one final time.
– spoon the mixture into cupcake cases and cook for 45 mins (on 180 but check after 30 mins)
To make the icing just blend some blueberries with natural yoghurt and a couple of table spoons of icing sugar then coat your finished cupcakes, add a berry to finish the decoration. Enjoy! X